Thursday, May 31, 2012

Bringing my blog up-to-date

I have tidied my blog and am bringing it up-to-date so that I can plot my thoughts and progress for the Open College of the Arts degree course that I am embarking on.
Just briefly to fill in the gap since my Foundation:
In 2008 I attended the HNC Fine Art course on a part-time basis whilst working to fund my studies.  The course was over 2 years ending in 2010 and unfortunately this was the end of the road at York College as the next stage would have been to go to York St John University, but for funding and location reasons I decided this was not possible.
In 2010 I also gained the City and Guilds Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS)
Turning my back on office work I obtained work at our local secondary college as a Cover Supervisor (that is covering for absent teachers taking lessons in any subject for years 7 to 11).  Recently I was offered and accepted a chance to temporarily cover some Art classes as an Instructor, which I have thoroughly enjoyed.  This in turn has given me the impetus to proceed with my degree.  The OCA seemed to offer the type of course that will enable me to fulfil my future aspirations and also help me continue on my own journey of discovery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home