Sunday, October 22, 2006

30 years later

When I was 17 I was not mature enough to realise my ambition and took the easy path to making a living,– this is something I have always regretted and now want to make amends whilst I have the dexterity to do so.

Where I work they are making vast numbers of people redundant and I am hoping to take this opportunity to make a major change to my life. My idea is to explore my creativity so that I can continue on my chosen career path as an Artist.

Over the last few months I have started to explore this as a possibility and have looked to family, local groups and Artists and have come to the conclusion that I CAN DO IT!

Knowing where to start is a major stepping stone, but after a visit to our local College for my son who is at the age for choosing his options in further education, I came up with the idea to do a Foundation course in Art and Design.

The course will run from September 2007 to July 2008 and will cover a wide range of topics and this will enable me to explore my inner me and find out which direction my creativity will take.

After an enquiry I now have an application form - this feels so right - and all I need now is to find out at work if redundancy is an option to me. The process is slow, because the unions need to ensure that every aspect of the reorganisation is carried out fairly. I have submitted my preference form and now await the decision on November 13th to see if I can have redundancy as an option. If this is the case notices of termination will be issued on November 20th, which means as I have 16 weeks notice to serve I will be free early March 2007.

So this new blog is to plot my progress on my continuing journey 30 years on....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home